My Name
Buddy List
Hi everyone! The buddy list is up. Sorry for the delay. We had a few hiccups.
Our first topic for discussion will help us to get to know each other better.
Hildans in Singapore, you will begin with your thoughts and comments and your buddy will respond. Please remember to sign off with your name so that your buddy knows who is writing.
Topic: What is the origin of your name (first name or dialect name)? Is there a special meaning? Why did your parents choose it for you?
Let's get started!

15 Comments:
Hey Sydney. I'm Letitia Chen Yi Min (The last two words are my chinese name) Well, my name means (something like) joy in Scandinavian, but my parents just chose it because they liked the ring it had (: Nice to meet you!
Letitia
By
LETI!, at 11:04 PM
Hallo Yap Wen Hao Jeremy. I apologize for my ignorance of not knowing your first name and your last name. However, I'm Minkee Sohn. In Korean, my first name means "great leader" and my last name means "eternal." They do not have anything to do with each other. Er, nice to meet you:
:P
By
minkee.s, at 11:31 AM
Oh yeah, and sorry if this is a bit off topic, but letileti:3, is that a cat?
By
minkee.s, at 1:24 PM
Hi Shelby, I'm Candice Ang Ke En. My parents chose the last word, 'en' because it means kindness in chinese. Nice to meet you(: and i hope to hear from you soon! :D
~Candice
By
Candice, at 6:34 PM
Well apparently, the trend is to leave your ethnicity-so needless to say, I'm full Korean. (Well, if you want to be a petty, bias n00b, I'm three fourths South Korean and one fourth North Korean.)
By
minkee.s, at 10:58 AM
Hi Vikram. I'm Lin Yongjie. 'Yongjie' is actually made up of two words, but my parents decided to put them together.
It's a chinese name. 'Yong' means forever and 'Jie' means outstanding, in chinese of course. They gave me this name because they wanted me to be outstanding for eternity.
Nice to meet you!
By
1, at 10:07 AM
Hi david, you can just call me Sean, does anyone notice this is the 13th post? unlucky... so err... Hi!
By
Sean, at 10:08 AM
Whee! Looking for Norah Cozadd! I'm Aileen Pua Yi-Lin (Yi-Lin being the English spelling for my Chinese name)!
And I don't know the meaning of my Chinese name (spelled Yu Ling in Chinese)! Ha!
My name (Aileen) is supposed to have some connection with light (somewhat means "torch" in Greek/Irish)
By
LEENJELLY, at 10:37 AM
Hi everybody...
esp. Michelle, mi buddy.
Grace here... (known as Gracie to some, but preferred spelling is Graci and/or Gwaci. Mad, right?)
I dun know the origin of my surname -Teo- but I do know teh origins of my name, baptism name and chinese name. (full ans. posted on blog not as comment)
glad you're chinese as well...
cant wait to correspond with you. pls comment on my post soon, ya?
By
Grace, at 4:32 PM
-frm grace, to michelle fong
hihi i posted some stuff about myself already... ... can you comment soon pls? really can't wait to hear from you!!!!!!!!!! thanks! ^.^
By
Grace, at 4:43 PM
-(from grace, SHPS, S'pore)
sry to b posting again. michelle, what does your name mean (in french or...)? do you have a middle name, or something?
anyway, to find out, i went to www.weddingvendors.com/baby-names/meaning/michelle/ and it said your name is actually from hebrew origins, it means "who is like God".
tell me more! XD
By
Grace, at 12:38 PM
Hi Laura. I'm Michelle Wang Shuting, and my Chinese name is rather special. I don't know what it exactly means, but all my female paternal relatives have "shu" as their Chinese name and the males have "shou" as their Chinese name. My grandfather died around 10 years ago from cancer. My dad's from Singapore and my mum's from Malaysia. I go to Malaysia once a year to visit my maternal grandparents. I'm most probably a full Chinese and I have dark brown hair (only can be seen under light, or else it appears black).
Nice to meet ya. ^^
By
Michelle, at 6:12 PM
Hi Cobi! I'm Jonathan Tan Yong How from Singapore. Yong How or yong hao (original hanyu pinyin form) means brave and proud. Jonathan is my Christian name, which belonged to the loyal friend of David, a hero from the Bible.
Hope to hear from you!
By
Jonathan Tan, at 8:35 PM
um, can my buddy michelle fong PLEASE respond????!!!!!!
By
Grace, at 2:11 PM
Um why doesn't Marcus (Ooi) have a buddy?
By
Anonymous, at 7:18 PM
Post a Comment
<< Home