Hildanueva

Friday, January 19, 2007

Leaders Conrad

I think that the qualities of a great leader are bravery, acceptance, being different, helping others, having a goal and listening.
A leader that I admire is Martin Luther King, he helped black people become equal to white people. The reason he deserves our admiration is that he never gave up even when he was put in jail, when he was let out, he still fought for black freedom. Another reason that he should be respected is that he traveled over six million miles and gave 2500 during his battle for freedom, which shows that he had a goal that he wouldn't let go of until he had succeeded. He listened to people and had many followers, this is because he had so much courage and acceptance. He was different because he was one of the few blacks to stick up for them selves.
I have the ability to listen, I accept others, but have my own opinion as well. The other things that he has are things I wish I had. The reason I like to listen is that I don't have a full opinion on anything so I listen to people to get my ideas on things.

3 Comments:

  • Hi Conrad...sorry for posting so late...ive gotta research before posting again...sorry again...

    By Blogger ~Ian Low~ =), at 10:23 AM  

  • I feel that Martin Luther King is a great leader. The sad thing is that some blacks are still persecuted until today.

    By Blogger ~Ian Low~ =), at 8:18 PM  

  • I feel that the qualities of a good leader are bravery, confidence, determination, responsibility and fidelity. The leader I selected is Queen Elizabeth (Queen Mother). She was born on 4 August 1900. Her birthplace is shrouded in mystery and her birth was not registered for six weeks! She spent much of her childhood at St Paul's Walden and at Glamis Castle where she was taught by her mother until 11. She could speak fluent French at the age of 10. She went to Birtwistle’s Academy at the age of 12. On her fourteenth birthday, Britain declared war on Germany and she had to stop schooling. Her brothers went to war and one became a POW for the whole war. Glamis was turned into a convalescent home for wounded soldiers, which Elizabeth helped to run. She married Prince Albert on 26 April 1923 and therefore became Queen of the United Kingdoms. She bore Princesses Elizabeth and Margaret. Princess Elizabeth is the present queen of England. She died peacefully in her sleep at the Royal Lodge on 30 March 2002 at 3:15p.m. Her coffin lay in state in Westminster Hall where more than 200,000 people came to pay their respects to her. She died at the age of 101, which gave her the record for the longest-lived royal in British history.

    By Blogger ~Ian Low~ =), at 8:47 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home