Hildanueva

Tuesday, December 12, 2006

What my name means... =)

Hi Kate. It's me again. I heard it's late at night over there in America. Sorry 2 bother you!

Anyway, I did a little research on my name. I mean, my full name is kind of a mouthful. It's Natasha Nabila Binte Muhamad Nasir. See what I mean?! =S

But seriously, only the first 2 names are mine. 'Binte' means "daughter of" in Arabic. Muhamad Nasir is my dad's name. Haha... a lot of people mistook Nabila for my surname.

I found out that Nabila means 'noble' in English and 'the wise one' in Arabic. Natasha on the other hand, has Russian, Latin and Italian origins. But my parents told me they chose the name just because they liked the sound of it. =)

I'm about *laughs* 1/2 Malay, 1/8 Arab, 1/4 Chinese. My dad's grandfather came from India. So I guess that means i sort of have Indian blood too! =)

kay. That's about it. Hope 2 hear from you soon!!!

5 Comments:

  • Natasha, I have a question about your name thingy: with (as what you say) the super-long name, what's the official surname for most Malays? (like is it your father's name is your surname, or what?)

    hey, I didn't know you had chinese, indian blood!

    -grace :)

    By Blogger Grace, at 6:30 PM  

  • yup. more or less. so my maiden name would be like, Ms. Nasir. =)

    By Blogger chyst♥-{silence}, at 8:43 PM  

  • thank you, ms nasir... haha!
    thanks anyway, nattie. (or is it natti? hmmm.)

    By Blogger Grace, at 11:47 AM  

  • heyhey. natasha will do. =)

    By Blogger chyst♥-{silence}, at 6:44 PM  

  • ok. natasha.

    By Blogger Grace, at 12:22 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home